Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wedding Wish Tree Revisited

You may recall the Wedding Wish Tree I made for my niece Laura's bridal shower.  She loved it and asked to include in it the wedding reception.

Given the 200+ guests were expected at the wedding, we needed a bigger tree so I decided using an actual Christmas tree would fit well with the wedding theme of natural elements. 

I first covered the iron base of the artificial tree with burlap ribbon that I pleated and then adhered with my trusty hot glue gun.  It took me less than 10 minutes to complete. 


The mother-of-the-bride and her aunt came over and together we made over 200 tags for the wedding wish tree. 


Dont' you love these darling Place Card holders placed on Burlap.  The bride's proud father, cut the birch at various lengths and then cut a slit into the top to hold the placecard.  


Here is the completed tree that I adorned with a handmade burlap bow at the top and a few 'wishes' for the bride and groom hanging from the Wedding Wish Tree.


Let me know what you think....

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas...love the wishes for the couple on the tree...such a neat idea for memories for anniversary couple.

    ReplyDelete