Saturday, August 13, 2011

Animal Prints

Growing up my mother had stunning leopard print pillows on a white silk sofa.  Yes, I did say a white silk sofa!  I always loved those pillows and they still sit on that same sofa although it has been recovered many times. 

I took a page from her book on decorating and insist on having an animal print of some sort in every room of my home.  Some, of course are very bold, others subtle.  The one place that I did not have an animal print was my dining room. I had planned on recovering my dining chair seats with a gorgeous grospoint animal print but just haven't gotten around to it. 

So, the single tall candlestick lamp that sat on my small Baker side table was given the treatment.  With a little bit of black, umber and gold paint, the lamp is totally updated with animal magnetism. Voila!

This photo shows a close up of the painting technique I used.  You can use a piece of wrapping paper or fabric as inspiration.


I also like to use animal prints on lamp shades as shown on this Monkey Lamp in my family room.
Are you seeing a pattern here!!!

Now, given this is only my second postings, I attempted to use some of the photography hints provided in a recent posting by http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/08/blogging-photography.html
I have followed Miss Mustard Seed for some time now so I was thrilled to receive her blog posting on photography and blogging and I tried my best.
Dear Miss Mustard Seed I hope I did you proud!

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks fantastic. Thanks for stopping by today. I'm glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, Thx for stopping by...I am a big fan. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, it's gorgeous - you're so creative! Can't wait to see what else you'll be sharing.

    ReplyDelete